Cosa ha fatto di male Omark?

Commenti, notizie, video sui campionati più seguiti!

Moderatore: Thor41

Rispondi
Swissfan

Cosa ha fatto di male Omark?

Messaggio da Swissfan » 13 dic 2010, 15:52

Ripercussioni "culturali" dopo il rigore di Omark segnato contro Tampa (video nel thread dei video):

Ryan Malone called it a "joke", while Mattias Öhlund described it as "absolutely" disrespectful. Ellis, the victim, had the strongest condemnation: "It's embarrassing for him. You come into a league, a respectful league like this, and you try a little move like that. It's not a very classy thing. That's just the kind of person he is."

Steven Stamkos, vying with Crosby for the league lead in goals, said: "I didn't think it showed a lot of respect in this game."

[...]

Because what exactly did Omark do wrong?

He didn't, for instance, dance about in front of the goalie and distract him with stick-waving and yelling like New York's Sean Avery versus New Jersey's Martin Brodeur in the 2008 NHL playoffs. Nor did he put a glove in Ellis's face in imitation of Philadelphia's Chris Pronger versus Calgary's Miikka Kiprusoff last month.

You could certainly argue that those actions were disrespectful or worthy of being penalized.

[...]

After Tampa Bay's loss to Edmonton, it was particularly amusing to hear Lightning superstar and 2004 Hart Trophy winner Martin St. Louis expressing his reservations about Omark's move: "Do we need that? I don't know. It's kind of a slap in the face a little bit, you know? Maybe it's a little too much, I don't know."

It was, after all, St. Louis who scored in a shootout while skating backwards against Pittsburgh's Marc-André Fleury in January 2007. Would you like a little more relish with that hot dog?

[...]

I chatted with a longtime Swedish hockey writer about the Omark controversy. He told me: "The culture of North American pro hockey is hard to understand for a European. Punch a guy repeatedly in the face, leave him bloodied and concussed, and you deserve respect. Lift 18,000 fans to their feet with a creative shootout move and you are 'disrespectful.' There is something here I don't get."

http://www.iihf.com/nc/home-of-hockey/n ... wrong.html
"Lucky for me, unlucky for you."

Detroit's Pavel Datsyuk on why he wears No. 13.

nylanderfan

Re: Cosa ha fatto di male Omark?

Messaggio da nylanderfan » 13 dic 2010, 15:58

Sempre detto che gli americani hanno poca cultura, poi gli europei che si aggregano sono ancora più pietosi.
A me sembra che non c'era proprio niente di male nel rigore di Omark.
Di certo si adegua benissimo allo spettacolo all'americana che a loro piace tanto. :D
from Bure to Boeser

Immagine

Misko
Contatta:

Messaggio da Misko » 13 dic 2010, 16:40

Non ci vedo niente di male francamente, ha fatto un gol spettacolare, anche se capisco che ad alcuni possa rodere :lol:
“It gives me a migraine headache - Thinking down to your level”
(Megadeth – “Sweating Bullets”)

mister_RD

Messaggio da mister_RD » 13 dic 2010, 19:12

mah.... abbastanza allibito..... anche io non ci vedo nulla di male.....
Canteremo fino alla morte,
innalzando i nostri color,
é una canzone che viene dal cuor.
Ale, ale, Lugano aleee,
Ale, Lugano Ale!!!

Rispondi